Terms of Data Usage
- For Scraped Public Data:
All researchers can download from our website by providing an email and agreeing to
- a) acknowledge the Kauffman Foundation and Fung Institute,
- b) provide drafts of their working papers for the research community
- c) keep their research up to date on our website, which will list all the ongoing research/publications on the topic, as well as paper presentations at conferences.
- For Proprietary Data:
Cal researcher (UC professors and visiting scholars and full time graduate students): full access after
- a) signing NDA,
- b) proposing how they will keep the data secure,
- c) agreeing to destroy data on their computers after research is complete,
- d) acknowledgments for Kauffman, Fung, and data providers.
- Co-authoring with Cal:
Data can be downloaded onto their computer, following
- a) approval of Fung Institute Director, and
- b) all stipulations listed for proprietary data